Laura Sydell. “Developers Continue Push To Make
Virtual Reality Mainstream” NPR
Article from All Tech Considered online Blog. 8 March 2015. Date Accessed 16 March 2015
Laura
Sydell's work as a Digital Culture correspondent for National Public Radio
focuses on the ways technology affects culture and how people live. The article
is an ongoing report on the current and future uses of virtual reality and how
it has been demonstrated to the world thus far. She writes about her first
experience with Virtual Reality and the progress and shortcomings of the
technology as it stands today. Some people get nauseous, and She ponders if it
will receive mainstream acceptability. She has been reporting on technology issues
since 2003,and for the purposes of the article has hands on experience having
used virtual reality technology at various trade shows, and product
demonstrations since 2013, at the beginning of the resurgence of this technology.
I
chose this research item because NPR is heard and read by a great number of people across the world,and the author Laura Sydell asks the same question I would
ask. Will Virtual Reality affect the way we live, and in what ways?
There
is a quote that I will be using from the article, which is why I chose it.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.