In modern society, land is often
seen as something we can build structures on to improve the technological world
that we live in. People get caught up in the fast pace of life that it is
difficult to take a step back and appreciate the land that gives us everything
we have today. Nature is beautiful. One of the most peaceful things to me is lying
in the sand and listening to the waves. Often times, I am at a resort and am
thankful to be at the resort. It is difficult to remember that the land is
providing me with the peaceful feeling of being on a beach, not the structure
behind me. However, as I bring more awareness to the sound of the ocean and the
feeling of the sun it is apparent that the natural land is providing me with more
positivity and calmness than any artificial object ever could.
Along with
land being a natural beauty, it also provides us with so much more. Humans need
nutrients to survive and all of those nutrients come from the land. Before food factories and the start of processed
and unnatural food, mankind lived off of the land. It amazes me when I go on a
hike and come across many plants with different wild berries that one can just
pick off the bush or tree, eat, and get a lot of nutrients from it. As someone
who grew up on a berry farm, I was able to see the fruits grow from the
beginning to end and then had the pleasure of eating them. The natural process of fruits and vegetables
growing on the earth is something I have a passion for and appreciate the land
because of it. The relationship I’ve
developed with land through experiencing it produce all different fruits has
taught me to make an extra effort to preserve the land because it provides us
with natural beauty and nutrients that keep us alive and happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.