Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Biography of Place- Hanging Lakes

From the time I was a baby until I was in my late teens, I used to go to Glenwood Springs with my family every summer for a long weekend. During our trip, we would take the long, beautiful hike up to Hanging Lakes. At the top of the trail there is a crystal clear lake with a towering waterfall. I haven’t been back there in years, but this past summer I tried to go with my dad while we were in Vail for the weekend. Unfortunately, the roadway in was a parking lot and we got word the trail had become overcrowded and miserable to hike recently. I plan to research the history of Hanging Lakes and explore the relationship between preservation and tourism in our national parks and protected lands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.