Wednesday, February 25, 2015

quote response

"In my afternoon walk I would fain forget all my morning occupations and my obligations to society. But it sometimes happens that I cannot easily shake off the village. The thought of some work will run in my head and I am not where my body is-- I am out of my senses." (Thoreau)
I chose this quote because I find it relates to biography of place, specifically the development of our internal landscape. I chose this because I find it gives perspective to the reader in a way that most people can relate to and I feel as though it offers an explanation of a concept to the reader which can be difficult to convey with words. Next, I think this quote would be used primarily to substantiate and strengthen a common concept found in my paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.