Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Biography of Place Quote

"Life is like a landscape. You live in the midst of it but can describe it only from the vantage point of distance." 
-Charles Lindbergh


This quote was used in my essay because I believed it was relative towards the topic of biography of place. Taking the idea in the Lopez article discussing two different types of landscapes we perceive - the external and internal landscape- I will use this quote to further support how external landscape shape the way our internal landscape is perceived and viewed in our minds. Our internal landscape is only adopted from the vantage point of our external landscape. I will also tie this quote into my theme of lostness that my places has been viewed and how in my life i can sometimes feel lost as to what my future will hold. This quote will be tied in with my theme so therefore will be introduced in the introduction paragraph.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.