Never make your home in a place. Make a home for yourself inside your own head. You'll find what you need to furnish it - memory, friends you can trust, love of learning, and other such things. That way it will go with you wherever you journey.
The quote above was chosen because I wanted to explore the themes of independence and self reliance, and how when things get tough, our experiences, and with what weve learned our true nature is revealed. Specifically, the words "Never make your home in a place." to me this part of the quote was most compelling. I have lived a nomadic existence, with barely any roots since I was a kid. I would place this quote to reenforce my point of view at the end of my paper. To summarize how I have never quite fit in anywhere, but with myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.