Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Biography of Place

To be honest I'm really not sure what I am going to write about for my biography of place.  I can only really think of one place that has shaped me to be the person I am, and that was Camp.  I went to a camp called Keewaydin, located on Dunmore Lake, in Salisbury Vermont.  I've spent just around 10 months of my childhood and early adult life there.  At camp I learned many things such as canoeing, kayaking, hiking, survival, carrying my own weight, the importance of teamwork, and countless other skills and lessons, but most importantly camp has helped me build my own personal identity.  Keewaydin is a little over 100 years old and has a rich history of campers but also sits under the awesome green mountains, home of the legendary Green Mountain Boys who fought the word of the British crown before it was cool.  Vermont's Green mountains have a large history and involvement with revolutionary war.  Overall Vermont and her mountains have molded me to be the person I am now, and the U.S. would not be the same without the good fight the Green Mountain Boys fought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.